News and Publications
- News Articles
- SU veterinarian appointed to Focused Ultrasound Scientific Advisory Board (CVM)
- Changing Lives One Research Project at a Time (CVM)
- OSU Helping Dogs With New Cancer Treatment Technology (News Channel 6)
- Focused Ultrasound: A New Approach to Treating Cancer and Non-Healing Chronic Wounds (CVM)
- Ranjan Receives President’s Fellows Award for Cancer Research (CVM)
- OSU College of Veterinary Medicine Faculty Honored
- Dr. Ranjan Receives the Zoetis Excellence in Research Award (CVM)
- Target: Cancer (Oklahoma Bioscience Association article)
- "Who's Who" in Veterinary Medicine (Academic Keys profiles)
- Veterinary Students Partici[ate in Research Training (NEWSOK article)
- OSU Vet Faculty Member Receives Grant to Help Fight Cancer (Veterinary Practice News article)
Dr. Ranjan's Team Receives OARS Grant
Congratulations to Dr. Ashish Ranjan and his team on receiving a two-year Oklahoma Applied Research Support program grant. Provided by the Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology, the grant totals $310,000.
Ranjan's team will be developing a minimally invasive pet sterilization technology. CVM collaborators on this project include Drs. Kimberly Carter, Lionel Dawson, Candace Lyman, and Jerry Malayer.
Dr. Ranjan's Team Receives Grant
Congratulations to Dr. Ashish Ranjan and his team on receiving a 5-year RO1 grant totaling nearly $1.7 million from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) at the National Institutes of Health!
The RO1 grant was also selected for the prestigious NCI MERIT Award, which will ensure extended funding to Dr. Ranjan's lab. NCI is using the MERIT Award to give eligible investigators the opportunity to obtain up to seven years of support. The funding comes in two segments with the first being an initial 5-year award and the second being an extension of up to two additional years. Recipients of the extension are based on an expedited NCI review of the team's accomplishments during the initial funding segment.
CVM collaborators on this proposal include Drs. Shitao Li, Jerry Ritchey, Danielle Dugat, and Jerry Malayer.
- Sethuraman, NS, Singh M, Patil S, Li S, Fiering S, Hoopes PJ, Guha C, Malayer J. Ritchey
J. Ranjan A. Novel calreticulin-nanoparticle in combination with focused ultrasound induces immunogenic
cell death in melanoma to enhance antitumor immunity, Theranostics, 2020; 10(8):3397-3412.
- Singh M, Sethuraman, NS, Fiering S, Guha C, Malayer J. Ritchey J. Ranjan A. In-situ vaccination using focused ultrasound heating and anti-CD-40 agonistic antibody
enhances T-cell mediated local and abscopal effects in murine melanoma, Int J Hyperthermia.
- Gorbet MJ, Ranjan A. Cancer immunotherapy with immunoadjuvants, nanoparticles, and checkpoint inhibitors:
Recent progress and challenges in treatment and tracking response to immunotherapy,
Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2019; in-press (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pharmthera.2019.107456)
- Mirniaharikandehei S, VanOsdol J, Heidari M, Danala G, Sethuraman SN, Ranjan A, Zheng B. Developing a Quantitative Ultrasound Image Feature Analysis Scheme to Assess
Tumor Treatment Efficacy Using a Mouse Model. Sci Rep. 2019 May 13;9(1):7293
- Ektate K, Munteanu MC, Ashar H, Malayer J, Ranjan A, Chemo-immunotherapy of colon cancer with focused ultrasound and Salmonella-laden temperature
sensitive liposomes (thermobots), Sci Rep. 2018 Aug 30;8(1):13062
- Liu C, Kapoor A, VanOsdol J, Ektate K, Kong Z, Ranjan A, A Spectral Fiedler Field-based Contrast Platform for Imaging of Nanoparticles in
Colon Tumor, Sci Rep. 2018 Jul 30;8(1):11390
- Wardlow R, Sahoo K, Dugat D, Malayer J, Ranjan A, HIFU heating improves perfusion and antimicrobial efficacy in mouse Staphylococcus abscess, Ultrasound Med Biol. 2018 Apr;44(4):909-914