- About CVM
- Mission and Vision
- Message from the Dean
- About Stillwater
- Accreditation and Awards
- Career Day
- College Fact Sheet
- Contact Us
- Employment Opportunities
- Event Calendar
- Open House
- Update Directory Profile Information
- Student Services
- Apply Now
- DVM Program
- Class of 2024 Information
- Comparative Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program
- Other Programs
- About Stillwater
- Open House
- Current Students
- Commencement Information
- VMH Home
- Small Animal Services
- Small Animal Home
- Anesthesia Services
- Community Practice
- Companion Animal Reproduction (Theriogenology)
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Internal Medicine
- Kirkpatrick Foundation Small Animal Critical Care Unit
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Small Animal Emergency
- Zoological Medicine
- Large Animal Services
- Emergency Services
- Shelter Surgery
- CVM Ranch
- Contact Us
- Prescription Refill Form
- Patient Referral
- Employment Opportunities
- Vet Connect Newsletter
- Client Forms
- Hospitalization Process
- Grateful Client Giving Program
- Operation Catnip
Class of 2024 Information
Welcome to the Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2024! We have created this website and filled it with helpful information to make your transition into the veterinary program as smooth as possible. Please check this website often as it will be updated as we move closer to the beginning of the fall semester.
College of Veterinary Medicine Services
- Scholarships: You will receive an application via email in November for CVM specific scholarships/awards.
These awards are based on proficiency, academic achievement and need. Award recipients
will receive an email notification mid-spring.
- "Buddy System": This "Buddy" System program matches incoming first year students with a second or third year student of similar
interests/background to provide insight into successful study habits and give extra
support to first year students as they transition into the program. Most everyone
signs up for the "Buddy" System Program, so to take advantage of these services by completing
the Buddy System Questionnaire.
- Textbooks and Course Requirements: See your textbook and course requirements, including your book, instrument, and supply list. Please note that a laptop with
webcam capabilities is required for veterinary school. OSU uses a program for test-taking
purposes called Examsoft. For this program to work properly, you will need a Windows-based device, MAC, or
iPad. Android notebooks are not compatible with this software.
- Class Schedules and Enrollment: Your first year fall schedule will be posted here later this summer, so check back
for updates. Your veterinary college enrollment will be handled for you providing
you do not have a hold on your OSU account. We hope to have you enrolled for your
Fall 2020 courses by July 15, 2020. After this date, please use these Banner procedures to verify your enrollment.
- Rabies: Inoculations are required for veterinary school. You may schedule the rabies shot series with University Health Services (UHS) or with your local doctor. Final verification of rabies vaccinations (initial shots,
titers, boosters, etc) must be sent to the Student Services office by October 15,
- CVM Library: The William E. Brock Memorial Library, also referred to as the Veterinary Medicine Library, is a subject-focused branch
of the OSU Library. Located in 102 McElroy Hall, this library primarily serves the
College of Veterinary Medicine faculty, researchers, clinicians, staff, students and
alumni. The Brock Memorial Library also provides services for all OSU affiliates and
public clinicians or practitioners.
- Student Housing: Please check the Class of 2024 Facebook page for housing listings. You can also use the vet med apartment guide for recommended apartments in Stillwater.
- Digital Media Guidelines: As a student and member of the OSU-CVM family, we ask that you be mindful of the
content you post on social media. Review the Digital Media Guidelines and use as a guideline for what you post online.
- Academic Calendar: The OSU-CVM follows the same schedule as the OSU Academic Calendar. A calendar showing college specific events will be distributed at Orientation.
- Updating Banner: Review the document Updating Personal Information in Banner for instructions to update your information listed in Banner. It is imperative the
information listed in Banner is correct as this will be used for general contact information,
emergencies, name change information, class lists, payroll, etc.
- Personal Update Form: Our office collects different information Banner does not need, so we need you to
fill out the following the Student Information Survey immediately.
OSU Main Campus Services
- Students with Disabilities: Student Accessibility Services (SAS) at Oklahoma State University offers academic support services to students with disabilities
taking courses through the OSU and Northern Oklahoma College-Stillwater campus. You
are required to contact SAS before you will receive services. Apply for student accommodations.
- Parking Services: You may purchase a parking permit after August 1 through Parking Services. You will want to purchase a silver commuter permit and park in Lot 78. View a campus parking map.
- OSU ID Card: To obtain your OSU student ID card, visit room 421 of the Classroom building no earlier than 14 days before the first
day of class.
- O-Key Account: Most of you have already set up your OKState email account. If not, visit the email information page for instructions on how to set it up or call the OSU IT Helpdesk at 405-744-HELP. It is imperative that you check your okstate email regularly, as this will be our
primary form of communication with students.
- Financial Aid: If you have not done so, you need to complete the FAFSA immediately. Once completed, you may contact the Office of Scholarships & Financial
Aid at email@example.com or 405-744-6604. Please review the following documents from Scholarships and Financial
Aid to help guide you through the process: Accepting Financial Aid, Entrance Counseling and Vet Med Loan FAQ.
- Tuition and Fees: The 2020-2021 tuition and fee numbers will be finalized and posted to the OSU Bursar webpage by July 2. You will receive an email detailing tuition and course specific fees at
a later date.
- Immunizations: OSU has requirements for new students to provide health and immunization records.
After the OSU-CVM Student Services Office enrolls you in CVM coursework in mid-July,
you may upload your immunization records to the OSU patient portal. Please do not send your immunization records (other than rabies) to the OSU-CVM
Student Services Office.
- Health Insurance Records: Health insurance is mandatory to attend OSU. OSU offers student health insurance plans through United Health Care. You can also contact the AVMA Representative, John Howell, for affordable health care options at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-372-3000. Once you have a valid insurance card, please send a photo copy of it to the CVM Student Services Office at email@example.com.