Information for Students
April 28, 2023
Stillwater Community Center
Winfrey D. Houston Theater
Ceremony begins at 1 p.m.
Students need to arrive at 12:30 p.m.
Parking: Free, with plenty available around the center and nearby business/church lots.
Limited Seating: Guests are limited to six per student. The ceremony will be live streamed and the link will be available a week prior to the event to share with friends and family.
*If you request a distinguished coater that is NOT a CVM faculty member, they will be counted as one of your six guests.
Photography: Genesee Photography will photograph students being coated and take a class photo
directly afterward. These photos will be available for purchase.
Livestream: For those who are unable to attend in-person, the ceremony will be livestreamed on insideosu.com. The stream is also available to view on Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Roku.
Checklist for Students
1. Order your white coat
Deadline: March 10
Where: The Uniform Stop, Nicky Upshaw
Address: 1120 N. Duck St. F, Stillwater, OK 74075
- We prefer you purchase your white coat at the Uniform Stop in Stillwater.
- You will pay for this coat. The approximate cost is $20-60.
- You will choose the quality and brand
- Lab coat length must be midway between hips and knees.
- Please stop by the Uniform Stop to try it on and then leave it with them as they will embroider it for CVM.
- CVM will pay for the embroidery for one lab coat only.
- You may purchase additional coats.
- The Uniform Stop will press, hang and deliver your coat to the Dean's Office Staff at the Stillwater Community Center the morning of the ceremony.
- If you choose to order your own lab coat from elsewhere or use a used coat, it must not have any existing embroidery or stains on it and be washed before submitting it to the Uniform Stop for embroidery.
2. Complete your Reader Card Information
Dr. Burba will announce your name and your coater’s name. Please let us know how you want your name to be read and pronounced. The deadline to complete is March 24.
3. Request a Distinguished Coater
- All faculty are invited to participate and take turns coating students
- You may request a specific CVM faculty to coat you by using the form below.
- Please note that faculty must agree to coat you.
- If you would like to request a mentor or who is a DVM or has a doctoral degree in health sciences, you may submit a request form.
- The deadline for coater requests is the close of business on March 24.
4. Reserve your time with Genesee Photo Systems to have your professional photo taken
Date: April 28
Time: 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Location: 1015 W. 4th Ave, Stillwater, OK 74074
- This is mandatory and will be used for the college's composite
- Appropriate attire is business professional
- What to wear: solid, warm colors with simple necklines. Remember, less is more
- What NOT to wear: DO NOT WEAR GREEN (your photo will show as a floating head), no patterns (ex. flowers and stripes), no pastel colors, no sleeveless shirts or dresses
- You must sign up for an appointment AND complete registration. Both items must be completed before coming to the office.