CVM Counseling Services
Vet Med Counseling Services is here to help and support you in any way we can while you are earning your veterinary or graduate degree at the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Meet the Counselor
Roxanne Maynard is the counselor and wellness program manager for the veterinary college. Maynard is originally from Wayne, Oklahoma, but recently relocated to Stillwater from San Antonio, Texas, where she has lived for the last 18 years. She earned a bachelor's in speech and sociology from East Central University, a master's in speech from Oklahoma State University and a master's in professional counseling from Texas State University. Maynard's oldest son is attending East Central University and her younger son plans to attend OSU.
Scheduling a Counseling Appointment
Summer Counseling Appointments
- Log into the scheduling portal: OSU CVM Counseling Services.
- Select a service from the options provided.
- Select a day and time.
- Enter name, email, and phone number.
- Select "BOOK".
Fall and Spring Counseling Appointments
- Login to the Patient Portal at the University Health Services website
- Choose the “Appointments” tab on the left-hand side; then select “Schedule an appointment.”
- Select “Veterinary Student Counseling Services.” (this selection applies to DVM and CVM graduate students)
- Choose your counselor
- Select either an in-person session or an online session.
Choose an available time that best suits your schedule.
If you are unable to schedule an appointment online, you may also call 405-744-6145. If there is no answer, please leave a voicemail and the counselor will contact you as soon as possible to schedule your appointment.
Teletherapy Counseling Appointments
If you scheduled a teletherapy counseling appointment, follow these directions:
- Find a quiet, private space.
- Have a well charged device with internet access and a webcam; your cell phone will work, but a computer using either Chrome or Firefox browsers will work best.
- For appointments with Roxanne go to https://doxy.me/osucvmcounseling
- Enter your name where prompted; this will take you to the virtual waiting room.
Wait for your therapist to begin your session.
If you experience any technical difficulties during this time, call the CVM Student Counseling Services office at 405-744-6145 to speak with the therapist to troubleshoot the issue.
Online Counseling Referral Form
This form is appropriate for reporting NON-EMERGENCY concerns that may be impacting a CVM student's overall wellbeing and/or academic success.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much are counseling services?
Services are FREE and unlimited for any current CVM DVM or Graduate student.
- Will CVM faculty, staff, and students know that I am going to therapy?
Only if you tell them. We will make your confidentiality a priority, ensuring that no details of your attendance or treatment records will be disclosed to anyone outside of CVM Counseling services.
- What is therapy like?
The therapy experience depends a lot on how you approach it. Ultimately, it is an intentional conversation with an impartial person who can help guide and direct you through challenges in life.
- I don't think my problems are that big or important, should I even go to therapy?
You don't have to be in a crisis to go to therapy, it is for anyone who is struggling in any area of life.
- Will attending therapy count as an excused absence?
Yes, we can provide you with the necessary documentation to have your absence excused.
- How do I get to the counseling office?
The counseling office is located in 162 McElroy Hall.
To find the counselor’s office from the main lobby of McElroy Hall, follow the steps below:
Go past the Student Services office and go to the Student’s Locked Mailbox Room.
From there, walk through the Soft Lounge and Old Phys to the hallway at the south end of Old Phys.
Continue down the hallway until you can turn right. You will see a doorway that will lead you to another hallway. Go through that doorway and turn left, then turn right down the hallway.
Walk past the elevator and water fountain to offices 162 and 163, which will be on your left.