Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about online continuing education courses, we're here to help! Browse the list of frequently asked questions below or contact us for assistance.
- I am licensed in another state. Will the online courses count as CE in other states?
The CVM online courses have been approved by the Oklahoma Veterinary Board.
If you are licensed in another state, please note many states accept CE when it is offered (1) as approved by another state board (OSU CVM CE is Oklahoma Board approved); or (2) offered by an accredited veterinary school (OSU CVM is an accredited school). Please satisfy yourself as to your state's requirements.
Courses must be fully completed during the license renewal period in order to be accepted as continuing education. Courses started in one license renewal period and later finished in the following license renewal period are only accepted in the latter renewal period once fully complete.
- What should I do if I have trouble registering for a course?
Make sure you are using a chrome browser on a laptop or desktop.
If switching browsers does not help, try the following:
- Attempt to clear your cache and cookies and then attempt to enroll in the Outreach Course. Directions for clearing your cache and cookies in Google Chrome are:
- Click the Tools menu (three dotted lines in the upper right corner of the page)
- Select History
- Select Clear Browsing Data from the left-hand side.
- Set the Time Range to All time.
- Check mark Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files and select Clear Data.
- Quit out of Google Chrome and reopen for the changes to take effect.
If this does not help, please call 405-744-7672 or email email@example.com for assistance.
- I've registered for my first class, what should I do next?
In addition to a receipt for payment, you should receive (2) emails from canvas/instructure.
One will say "congratulations, you're enrolled." The other will say "set up your account" or "confirm your account."
Follow the instructions to set up your account. You must set up your account before you can access the course.
It may take up to 30 minutes to receive the email. Please check your SPAM/JUNK MAIL/CLUTTER folder for the messages.
If you don't receive the 'set up your account' email in a timely manner, reach out to Christine Nichols at (405) 744-7672 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have registered for my second or subsequent class, what should I do next?
If you have received a 'congratulations, you're enrolled' email, it should contain a line that says "click here to access your course." If you don't receive the email, login here: https://outreach.okstate.edu/canvas-gateway.html
Use the "PUBLIC" login if you are using an email address that doesn't contain "okstate.edu."
Use the "OKEY" login if you registered using an email OSU okstate email address.
- What happens if I have forgotten my password or email address?
(non-okstate.edu email address): Click "Catalog Login" then click, the 'forgot password?' link. Follow the instructions. If you have forgotten the email you used to register, please check your saved emails for the confirmation, and if you still can't figure out what email address you used, contact Christine Nichols (405) 744-7672, email@example.com
(Okey email address): Click OSU Okey Login and proceed through the DUO authentication process. If you have issues, please reach out to the IT help desk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- I'm logged in, what do I do next?
Click the photo/tile of the name of the course.
- I'm still lost!No problem, contact us and we'll help! (405) 744-7672, email@example.com