- About CVM
- Mission and Vision
- Message from the Dean
- About Stillwater
- Accreditation and Awards
- College Fact Sheet
- Contact Us
- Employment Opportunities
- Event Calendar
- International Partnerships
- Open House
- Update Directory Profile Information
- Student Services
- Apply Now
- DVM Program
- Comparative Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program
- Other Programs
- About Stillwater
- Open House
- Current Students
- Commencement Information
Cohn Pet Care Facility
Pets are important family members. If something should happen to you and you are no longer able to care for your four-legged friends, Oklahoma State University’s Cohn Pet Care Facility may have the answer.
The Cohn Pet Care Facility was built as a permanent home for animals whose owners planned in advance to ensure their beloved pet is cared for in the owner’s absence. An endowment paid upfront secures the funds necessary to provide shelter, food and veterinary medical care for the life of your pet.
The Cohn Shelter is also equipped to serve as a boarding facility for pets as space allows.
Read more about the Cohn Shelter at Welcome to the Cohn Pet Care Facility.
1407 N. Western
Stillwater, OK 74078
The Cohn Pet Care Facility is equipped to serve as a boarding facility for pets as space allows.
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (closed noon-1 p.m.)
- Saturday and Sunday, 9-10 a.m. and 3-4 p.m.
- Pick ups and drop offs are at scheduled times.
- Cats: $20 per animal, per day
- Dogs: $25 per animal, per day
- Please note that if two dogs share a kennel, the second dog will be $15 per day. Dogs can only be housed in the same kennel if they are under 75 pounds.
- Medications: $5 per day or $20 per week, per animal
- Extra walks: $5 per day or $20 per week, per animal
- Extra feedings: $5 per day or $20 per week, per animal
- Bath 25 lb & under: $20
- Bath 26-60 lb: $35
- Bath over 60 lb: $50
- Nail trims: $10
For information on boarding pets, please call (405) 744-3647.
You must schedule an appointment before completing the boarding form below.
All pets must be current on their vaccinations at the time of boarding. All required vaccinations must be given be a licensed veterinarian.
Dogs: rabies and canine distemper, canine adenovirus type 2, canine parainfluenza, and parvovirus vaccination, Bordetella
Cats: rabies and calicivirus, panleukopenia, and rhinotracheitis
Giving to the Cohn Pet Care Facility
For more information or to secure your own beloved pet's place, please contact Ashley Hesser, assistant director of development at the OSU Foundation at 405-385-0715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checks can be earmarked for the Cohn Pet Care Facility and mailed to the OSU Foundation in any amount:
400 S Monroe
Stillwater, OK 74074
Thanks to a generous donation from the estate of Ms. Leah Cohn Arendt, matched by Oklahoma State University funds, the Veterinary College was able to build the Cohn Pet Care Facility. In 1998, the facility opened offering pet owners a plan to provide a home and care for their beloved furry family members long after the owner is gone.
The shelter is located on eight acres of land north of the OSU Veterinary Medical Hospital. The building is 6,600 sq. ft with some very special features:
- A cat room, specifically designed to meet the exercise needs of cats, is located inside where the sun shines into the room most of the day
- A designated area for veterinary medical examinations, treatment and grooming
- Outdoor runs and separate dog kennels are provided
- A ‘visiting’ area where the animals can enjoy being with people in an atmosphere that is ‘just like home’